[PonyORM-list] migrate to pony from existing database

Alexey Malashkevich alexeymalashkevich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 21:21:04 UTC 2014

Hi John,

Pony doesn't have such functionality yet, sorry.
The thing is that not every existing database schema can be translated to a
ER diagram. For example, if tables don't have foreign keys, it is
impossible to understand what relationships exist between entities.
At the moment we are working on adding migrations and a couple of other
features such as Python 3 and Microsoft SQL Server support. After this is
done, we can think of adding the tool which generates entities from tables
and allows to migrate the schema if necessary.

Regards,
Alexey