[PonyORM-list] Pony's Cache Size Limit?

Alexander Kozlovsky alexander.kozlovsky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:05:24 UTC 2014

Hi Matthew,

> Does Pony's in-memory cache have a size limit?

Currently no, but we can think about it. It may be not so easy to
implement, because objects in cache have cross-relations.
May be we can add some method like db_session.forget(MyEntity) to clear all
unmodified entities of this type from the cache. Can this help in your case?

>  I have a function which does a lot of queries within one transaction

Are you sure that in your case all those queries must be done in the same
transaction? If not, then wrap different queries in different db_sessions,
and old objects should be cleared automatically.