[PonyORM-list] Entity's modifications

Vincent LE GOFF vincent.legoff.srs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:49:26 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm eager to begin working with Pony ORM.  That sounds so simple
compared to other ORMs I've seen.  However, I have a concern regarding
entity's evolution.

I didn't see an automatic way to handle these type of modifications.
For instance, what happens if we work with an entity, then decide to add
a new field to it?  Or to change the type of a given field?  Or to
remove one?  Performing specific updatess (called migrations in other
ORMs) can be sometimes useful, too.  For instance, if we want to delete
two fields but combining their old results in a single one.  Is there
any way to do that using Pony ORM?

Thank you very much for your answer!

Happy hacking,

Vincent