[PonyORM-list] Controlling session caching

Matthew Bell matthewrobertbell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 17:49:43 UTC 2016

Hi Alex,

I don't believe any objects were leaking out of the session, the only thing
i store between sessions is integers (object IDs). I have solved this
problem myself by doing the work in python-rq jobs, rather than in one big
script, however it would be great to have some sort of "force clear the
cache" functionality - ideally, as you say having it strictly happen upon
leaving session scope.

Also useful for some niche situations would be having the option to disable
caching for a given session.

Another suggestion which is unrelated - an option or default of the timing
of queries when using sql_debug(True) - this would make performance
profiling much simpler, especially in web apps where many queries happen on
a given request.

Thanks for your work!

Matt

--