[PonyORM-list] Automatic intermediate tables for all optional relationships

Alexander Kozlovsky alexander.kozlovsky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:34:54 UTC 2016

Hi Erik,

You are right, currently Pony uses intermediate tables for Many-to-Many
relationships only. In principle it is possible to implement intermediate
tables support for other types of relationships.
As a downside, intermediate table requires additional JOIN, so its
performance will be worse then the current implementation of One-to-One and
One-to-Many relationships.

Could you describe your use case in a bit more detail? Why do you think
avoiding nullable attributes is a useful goal beside just a theoretical
purity?