[PonyORM-list] Changing schema during development?

Tobiah toby at tobiah.org
Mon Oct 2 21:05:25 UTC 2017

I'm new to ORMs in general.  I used the online tool to
create a set of entities and used the resulting python
class set in a python program to automatically generate
a mysql database.

Now I've decided that I want to change one of my 'int' types to
a 'str'.  I did this in the corresponding class and re-ran
the program, but my database field type was not updated.
How does one normally handle a changing schema during
development?  Do you have to puff the database and rebuild
every time there is a change?

Also, does anyone ever somehow generate the Pony classes at
runtime based on introspection of the database?

Thanks,

Tobiah