[PonyORM-list] The docs don't seem to cover this query type

Alexander Kozlovsky alexander.kozlovsky at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:32:17 UTC 2014

Hi Matthew!

Your query should be written in one of the following ways (the first query
is the most efficient):

1. select(a for a in A for b in a.bs if max(b.status) == 'whatever' and
min(b.status) == 'whatever')

2. select(a for a in A if max(a.bs.status) == 'whatever' and
min(a.bs.status) == 'whatever')

3. select(a for a in A if 'whatever' in a.b.status and not exists(b for b
in a.bs if b.status != 'whatever'))

Pony currently doesn't support automatic transaltion of all(), but in
future we'll add this feature, and the result of translation will be the
same as in one of the the queries above.

Regards,
Alexander